Suffering from Urinary Tract Infection in Children is not uncommon, and children often suffer from infections of the urinary tract during their early days. It has been noticed that almost 2% of boys and 8% of girls get affected by urinary tract infections. Again, normally parents find it tough to recognize any symptoms of this infection.
Reasons for Urinary Tract Infection in Children
Parents always need to understand the reasons why children get infected with UTIs. Let’s check the reasons below.
- Experts say that bacteria from the child’s skin can reach the urinary tract and lead to a Urinary Tract Infection.
- The urinary tract inside a child’s body can often get infected with bacteria coming from the bloodstream.
- Sometimes, children hold their pee for a long time, and this bad habit can cause urinary tract infection.
Symptoms of UTI
Normally, parents hardly understand the symptoms of urinary tract infection in their kids. But, they need to check some symptoms like fever, bad-smelling urine, irritability, crying, fussiness, vomiting, poor feeding, and more to identify whether their kids are suffering from UTI.
Apart from those mentioned above, children can also suffer from the difficulties like urgency to urinate, frequent urination, feeling pain during urination, trouble urinating, blood during urination, etc. If you notice the symptoms mentioned above, you need to consult with Dr.Vishesh Dikshit Best pediatric urologist in Pune.
Ways to prevent UTI
Proper treatment will cure your kids of urinary tract infection, and to prevent them from this problem, parents need to focus on the following facts.
- Children need to take plenty of fluids like water, fruit juice, etc
- Educate your child to empty their bladder completely while urinating.
- Experts suggest avoiding bubble baths and using perfumed soap while bathing
- Children should not eat such food or beverages that will cause irritation in the bladder.
- Parents need to check that their kids do not get constipated.
About Dr. Vishesh Dikshit
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit worked as a faculty and instructor in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at Sion Hospital for five years after completing his studies. He was actively involved in the care of a range of pediatric and Neonatal surgical illnesses during his employment as a Lecturer and subsequently as an Associate Professor, and he continually improved his abilities, particularly in the field of Minimal Access Surgery.
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit has extensive experience performing traditional and minimal access surgeries for a variety of complex neonatal and pediatric diseases. If Your Child is going through a urinary tract infection consult Dr. Vishesh Dikshit who is the Best pediatric urology specialist in Pune, He provides all kinds of pediatric treatment in Pune. He has 17+ years of experience in the medical field.