What is hepatobiliary surgery?
Your liver’s bile ducts deliver fluids and digestive enzymes to your intestine. This discharge is necessary for both your ability to absorb nutrients from your intestine and your liver’s health. Pediatric surgeons deal with a wide range of hepatobiliary issues in children. Biliary atresia and choledochal cyst are the two most serious biliary diseases that can affect youngsters. Dr. Vishesh Dikshit is a Pediatric Hepatobiliary surgeon in Pune who specializes in the treatment of a variety Pediatric hepatobiliary surgery in Pune treats a variety of hepatobiliary illnesses in newborns, children, adolescents, and young adults. Both of these issues hinder proper bile drainage through these ducts, although they can be treated with surgery.
- Biliary atresia is a condition in which the bile ducts gradually become obliterated as a result of inflammation. The specific etiology of biliary atresia is unknown, but it could be linked to an immune response to an infection, or the ducts could have never completely developed in certain cases. Due to the inability of bile from the liver to pass through these ducts, it backs up in the liver, causing scarring and damage. A yellow hue in the skin (jaundice) or a change in stool color (biliary atresia) are the most common symptoms of biliary atresia (clay or white-colored stools). The Kasai Procedure can cure some newborns with biliary atresia if they are treated early. Despite having a Kasai procedure, many others develop liver failure and require a liver transplant.
- Choledochal cysts are dilated or enlarged portions of the bile ducts that prevent normal bile flow. This cyst is present at birth. Symptoms of a choledochal cyst can appear as early as infancy, as late as adolescence, or at any period in between. Jaundice (a yellow hue to the skin or eyes) or right upper abdomen pain, as well as abnormalities in their liver enzymes, are common symptoms. Patients who do not have a choledochal cyst removed have an increased risk of having bile duct cancer later in life.
Expertise in Treating a Wide Range of Hepatobiliary Conditions
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit, a Pediatric Hepatobiliary surgeon in Pune, performs Pediatric hepatobiliary surgery on infants, children, adolescents, and young adults to treat various hepatobiliary diseases. These are some of the conditions:
- Gallstones and other gallbladder conditions
- Biliary atresia
- Choledochal cysts
- Congenital vascular malformations
- Liver tumors and lesions
- Pancreatic cysts and tumors
Make an Appointment
Book your appointment today with the Best Pediatric Surgeon in Pune.
About Dr. Vishesh Dikshit - Hepatobiliary surgeon in pune
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit graduated from Govt. Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, in 2004 with an MBBS degree in medicine. In 2012, he received an MS in General Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College in Sion, Mumbai, and in 2015, he received an MCh in Pediatric Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College in Sion, Mumbai.
Diagnose & treat Pediatric Hepatobiliary Surgery in Pune from Best Pediatric Hepatobiliary Surgeon in Pune. Connect with Dr. Vishesh Dikshit treats complex conditions. Call us today for an appointment. He is the best pediatrician who treats a wide range of pediatric surgeries. In particular, he is interested in Pediatric Minimal Access Surgery (through Laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Genitourinary-scopy), Pediatric Colorectal diseases (including Hirschprung’s disease and Anorectal Abnormalities), and Pediatric Urology Disease.
Book Your Appointment Today
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit is the Best Pediatric Surgeon in Pune having 17+ years of experience. Book your appointment today with Dr. Vishesh Dikshit for any queries about your child's condition.