Pancreatitis refers to the inflammation that affects the pancreas, a large gland behind the stomach. The pancreas releases digestive enzymes into the small intestine for the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. It also releases hormones such as glucagon and insulin into the bloodstream. It enables the body to break down glucose that comes from food for intake of energy. If the digestive enzymes turn active within the pancreas, they result in the slow destruction of the pancreas. To know more about Liver and Pancreatic Disorders in children, look below.
Liver Failure in Children- Causes
- Viruses like HSV, CMV, EBV, or Hepatitis E, B, and A, can lead to acute liver failure in children.
- Toxins like insect killers, wild mushrooms, and weed killers can be a cause of liver failure in children
- Problems in the immune system like autoimmune Hepatitis.
- Low flow of blood to the liver.
Symptoms of Liver Failure in Children
- Belly or abdominal pain
- Vomiting or nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Swollen abdomen from fluid buildup
Causes of Pancreatitis in Children
Acute Pancreatitis in children can sometimes occur due to other diseases that have affected different organs of their body. Some other causes include medication and problems in the duct anatomy of the pancreas and the liver. Anti-seizure medications, antibiotics, and chemotherapy agents can cause acute Pancreatitis.
Symptoms of Pancreatitis in Children
- Vomiting and nausea
- Abdominal pain
- Non-specific symptoms that can be associated be with some other disease
- Symptoms can vary with your child’s age. For example, infants can cry.
Do not delay your child’s treatment if you suspect they are suffering from Liver and Pancreatic Disorders. Dr. Vishesh Dikshit can provide Pediatric liver treatment in Pune.
About Dr. Vishesh Dikshit –Pediatric Surgeon in Pune
Dr. Vishesh Dikshit is Pediatric Surgeon in Pune with expertise in all types of pediatric surgical procedures. He is adept in the art of performing minimally invasive surgery, Laparotomy and Laparoscopic surgeries, endoscopy surgery, Minimal Access Urinary Stone Management, Day care procedures like Hernia, Hydrocele, and Circumcision. managing urological disorders in kids. Book your appointment today with Dr. Vishesh Dikshitfor any queries about your child’s condition.